"Well. Um, big question, um, but to me, Van Gogh is the finest painter of them all.
Certainly the most popular great painter of all time.
The most beloved.
His command of color - the most magnificent. He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty.
Pain is easy to portray - but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world…. no one had ever done it before.
Perhaps no one ever will again.
To my mind, that strange wild man who roamed the fields of Provence, was not only the world’s greatest artist - but also one of the greatest men who ever lived.”
Doctor Who Series 5: Vincent and The Doctor
If Doctor Who was a Disney movie
haha I love what he did to Patrick Troughton
BUT LOOK AT HOW FRICKING HOT ELEVEN IS
These are some techniques I use when I’m having a panic attack.
I’m no expert, but they seem to help me out, so maybe they’ll help you out too.
Just seeing this makes me want to cry.
When did my life start feeling like it was more than I can handle?
I needed this last night,
Thank you for this. thank you. Will never not reblog.
So after listening to that person’s beautiful, slowed down version of Murray Gold’s ‘Hello I’m the Doctor’, I decided to do some wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey music stuff of my own. I DON’T KNOW WHAT I JUST DID.
THIS IS SO GORGEOUS I CAN’T
IT’S LIKE GALLIFREY. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE TIME LORDS. IF THE TIME LORDS WERE A SONG AND NOT A TITLE/RANK OF A SPECIES THIS WOULD BE THEM. BEAUTIFUL AND DEEP AND SAD AND DANGEROUS AND POWERFUL AND AT TIMES HEAVENLY.
"Oh David you’re too big to carry around."
Of all the jobs Rose had had over the years since she started her little babysitting business, Idris’s kids were by far her favorites. Chris always insisted that, being 10, he was too old for a baby sitter but he’d always find his way into the living room and into their little games. Davie was a sweetheart but had a penchant for taking things apart. Rose had learned very quickly to keep any electronic devices and kitchen ware high and far from his reach when he was out of her site. Little Matty with his penchant for finding a new hat to wear every time she saw him was a quiet little four year old but she knew for all his quiet and some what clingy demeanor he was always getting into trouble and had a mischievous side hidden behind that adorable little face.
Babus! I dunno. You should probably just take my tablet away from me.
I just picture them all being really protective of her too, since their mom is always away at work and stuff. and and they have this little box fort/club house ala “Out of the Box” style that’s called the TARDIS and a little yellow power wheels car they call Bessie. and they the boys are almost always arguing over something or other but they all agree that they hate Rose’s boyfriend Jimmy.
No seriously stop me
OMG WHAT DID I DO!?
For mobile just hold the reblog button
When they indeed went ice skating on Kur-ha, Martha Jones discovered that in fact, the Doctor was utterly terrible at ice skating.
Birthday present for a friend <3
It’s a bass! <3
actually it’s neither! bass strings are a hell of a lot thicker than this.
this is a ukulele
Calm Bottle (aka Glitter Jar)
- Container: This is typically made with a glass mason jar, but since I often make these with children I use water bottles with smooth sides.
- One bottle of clear glue (not white glue that dries clear), or glitter glue: I like using regular glue so I don’t have to deal with the hot water since I make these in my office. Glue/glitter glue works best, but you could also use corn syrup if that’s all you have. You have to pour it directly in the water without letting it touch the sides of the bottle or the glitter will stick to it.
- Water: It can be room temperature if you use regular glue but should be hot (I use boiling water) if glitter glue is used. If the water is not hot enough then the glitter will become clumpy and separate.
- Glitter: I use mostly super fine glitter with a little regular sized. I sometimes add sequins, beads, shells, plastic jewels, etc. Glow in the dark glitter looks really cool if you can find it. Less (or even none) is needed with glitter glue bottles
- Food coloring: This is optional. Only use one drop or it becomes difficult to see the glitter.
- Strong glue or duct tape: This is used to fasten the lid to the container. I like using colored duct tape.
- Making a Calm Bottle (clear glue): Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with water. Then add the glue (and shake) and glitter (and shake). I use a funnel for the glitter. The more glue you use, the longer it will take the glitter to fall. I usually use the whole bottle. Add 1 drop of food coloring, if desired, and then glue/tape the lid on.
- Making a Calm Bottle (glitter glue): Instead of clear glue you can use glitter glue. If you go this rout then mix the glitter glue in a bowl with very hot water (I boil the water) before adding it to the bottle. If the water is not hot enough then the glue will clump up and not work. You can add 1 drop of food color and additional glitter is desired.
- Using a Calm Bottle: This coping tool can be used for a number of different issues. If a client becomes emotionally dysregulated at an inappropriate time they shake the bottle vigorously and then set it down and watch the glitter fall while taking deep breaths (how to teach deep breathing can be found here).
- Important Note: Many people use these for anxiety and panic attacks and I wanted to emphasize that this is merely a simple coping tool that can be useful in certain situations but should not be used to avoid dealing with underlying issues. This exercise will do absolutely nothing to get to the root cause or prevent it from happening in the future. Fear must be confronted, rather than avoided, for lasting change to take place.
- See my Jellyfish Jar for a similar post.
SIGNAL BOOST because i fucking love glitter jars and they’ve saved my ass at school.
have anxiety? glitter jar. get stressed easy? glitter jar. like glitter? glitter jar. are you a parent or a teacher or a babysitter? give a kid a glitter jar to look at when they are in time-out to keep them from crying or screaming and shit. give one to the kid while on a roadtrip. keep one in your locker at school. i do. me and my friends have access to it and if a teacher is an asshat or something goes wrong or we’re stressed about work or collages or anything like that, just shake the glitter jar and look at it for a while and it’s the most calming this in the galaxy.
speaking of galaxies, look at this
if you take a picture of one and slap some instagram filters on it, the thing becomes a jar of pure space.
if you dont think glitter jars are fucking rad then get out of my face.